Transfer a Domain From Namecheap to ASmallOrange
In this tutorial we will use a domain bought from Namecheap and host it on ASmallOrange. In order to continue you will need:
- A domain name from Namecheap
- A hosting in ASmallOrange
Changing the DNS (Domain Name Server) - Namecheap
- Log in to your Namecheap account.
- Go to My Account > Manage Domains
- Click the domain name you want to edit
- On the left sidebar, click Transfer DNS to Webhost
- On the main panel choose Specify Custom DNS Servers ( Your own DNS Servers )
- Add the ASmallOrange nameservers to the input fields:
- Click Save Changes.
Note: Changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.